Sunday, July 8, 2012

Called of God

Dear family and friends,
SO sometimes on your mission you forget how important your calling is;
I forget that I have been called of God to do HIS work, be HIS hands
here in Russia. But this week God really seemed to send a lot my way
to remind me. This week, for the first time ever, I cried while out on
the street talking with people. We always just try to talk to everyone
as we go from meeting to meeting, and as we were doing so, a lady
randomly just walked up to us (which is really weird rarely does
anyone walk up to US) and asked "Are you Americans?". We replied yes,
and then to our surprise she just starts yelling at us and saying
things like "you don't know what we need!" and "you just sit here and
keep smiling while you really just don't understand anything" and just
all these rude things. We tried to walk away and as we did so I said
"chastleyvee vam" which is a parting phrase they often say here which
kinda means someting like "hapiness to you" and then she really
freaked out and was like " Don't you dare say that to me, I don't want
you to be happy or your children!" at this point I'm mad (I'm
embarrassed to admit) and just trying not to burst out yelling at her,
and then she said "you don't even do anything, you just walk around and
bug people". At that point I stood up straight and pointed at her and
said, with the most power I could muster "YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE DO".
And then we walked away and I just started crying. I know this story
just sounds lame and like any other experience a normal missionary has,
but I was SO frustrated not because she was "mean" or "rude", but
becasue she tried to demean our СALLING. I'm not just walking around
trying to speak Russian for no reason! I have been called of God, I'm
doing His work and its a lot more than just STROLLING the streets of
K-grad. I just was sooooo sad and frustrated... but it really reminded
me of how important this time is for me.
And the second instance, we were meeting with this member who hasn't
been to church in a few years, she's completely innactive, and
smoking, and you can just tell she's miserable. She loves us, and is
SOOOO close to coming back to church, and promises us she will each
week, and then she DOESNT! It is driving me crazy. I cant give up on
her though cuz I can feel, so strongly, that God wants us there with
her and is just waiting, so patiently, for her to go back to church.
At our meeting with her she told us she wouldn't be coming to church
and I just had a mini freak out attack inside of me of frustration and
I kinda shut down for 5 minutes and my companion had to take over.
Finally I just calmed down and strated to pray, so that I would do
just what my Heavenly Father wants me to do. It was so cool. I just
started to testify to her and tell her that I knew, as a
representitive of Сhrist, that God loves her, and is just waiting for
her to return. The spirit was so strong and we were all just crying.
NOPE, she didn't come to church, but we're gonna get her next week!
well, I love you all!
Love, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment