Friday, June 29, 2012

Expect Miracles and Surprises from God

Family and friends,
We are teaching a family!!!!! The other night we got a call from the
mission office with referral for us (meaning somone called in and gave
our mission a name of someone they want missionarirs to go meet and
try to teach). And this referral was an entire family! Much better
than any Christmas present. We called them and they invited us right
over the very next day. They just moved here from Armenia with a 6 and
7 year old daughter and son. They are such a cute little family; kind
and honest people :) They were all ears from the start (which was a
complete suprise). Shashaneek and Verasdad (the daughter and son) ARE
SOOO CUTE! We did kinda like a family night with them. We read a story
from the friend and taught them "Love One Another". To end we taught
them how to pray as a family, on their knees and in a circle. It was
such a beautiful sight seeing a family pray together for the first
time. I was able to testify how entirely and completely the gospel has
shaped and blessed my family.
The interesting thing is that they don't know Russian very well, and
neither do Sister Pinkston and I. HOWEVER, the double language barrier
doesn't stop anything. It was so cool to see how all of them truly
wanted to understand what we were saying, so every once in a while
they would pause and have to translate for each other if they weren't
sure they completely understood. It really is true, the most important
language is the language of the spirit. And the spirit was definitely
there :)
I spoke yesterday in Sacrament. I often bear my testimony, but this
was my first official talk. Gah. I have always loved giving talks back
home in my own language, but I'll admit I was pretty nervous. I know
this week is my mission's year mark (SERIOUSLY ALREADY???) but
regardless I am far from mastering Russian. In just about every
sentence I still make mistakes (Russain grammer is literally a
nightmare) which isn't a huge problem when you're conversing with
people, however, when you have to give a talk ALL ON YOUR OWN it's a
little frightening. I prayed alot. Especially because my theme was
Matthew 6:24; you cannot serve God and Mammon, and I hadn't figured
out how to pronounce "mammon" yet in Russian until 5 min before the
start of sacrament meeting. haha I had to be careful cuz if I said
mammon just a little wrong, it would sound like the word for Beer
belly HAHAHA. I can testify that God helped me, and that I know that
the spirit was there. I now love speaking not only in English, but
Russian as well :)
So yea, the moral of these strories are: expect miracles and surpises
from God, and remember He's always there to help us. I know this is
true from the botton of my hert, and whenever I forget it, God reminds
me right away. We are so blessed!
I love you all!
с любовью сестра Тенни

No comments:

Post a Comment