Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reminders of Love :)

My dearest family and friends,
I had the most awesome weekend with a general authority! Elder
Christoffersen came with his wife and our area president who is also
an authoirty Elder Shweitzer. I'm not sure if I really am just
special, or it's just a state of mind, but every time an authorty has
come I have had a cool thing happen with each of them. This weekend we
had flown up to Peter with nothing to do so we were asked Sunday
morning to help prepare breakfast for the coming apostle and leaders
:) While my mission president and wife were picking them up from the
airport, my companion and I cut fruit giddily and then just sat and
studied waiting for them to get there and help serve breakfast. I had
locked the door as they walked out and when they came back they were
locked out, so after a peaceful time of study we hear the door trying
to be opened and we freak out knowing Elder Christoffersen had come! I
run and open the door and he walks in with a huge smile and his hand
already stretched out for a handshake. WOW! We got to chat a little
with him and President Shweitzer and meet their wives as we helped
serve. So amazing! Let me tell you, they were both so kind, and happy,
and they had such a peaceful and calm countenance in contrast to mine
(which was trying not to burst of both excitement and nervousness).
For those of you who know me, it took me all I had not to just walk
around the house jumping up and down as we waited for them ;)
Elder Christoffersen gave a beatiful talk to the Russians in the
church meeting. One thing he said really hit me. He said directly to
us, that "God could not know you any better or love you anymore if you
were His only child". That sent shivers right up my back. In summary,
Sunday was a powerful day, and Monday was even better as just us 60
missionaries met with him. We all shook his hand and introduced
ourselves, but we already knew eachother so Elder Christoffersen and I
were just telling inside jokes by then (haha kidding but basically ;).
The council we were given was just what we needed and he even had time
set aside for us to ask questions. I asked the last question and he
answered so beautifully and made me realize how NECESSARY and CENTRAL
Christ and the atonement is. HE is the reason, the way and the light.
HE is why we have hope, why life even matters. Without Him, and the
atonement, there would be no reason, NOTHING WOULD MATTER. However,
because He did do it, life has meaning and each of us, so beloved by
Him and our Father in Heaven can and WILL make it back to him, if we
so choose :)
So keep reading your scriptures, have daily time with your Father in
Heaven, and taking the time for meaningful prayer. PLEASE. I promise
you life is better doing so. And I promise you will feel more special
and loved each day, as I do!
To top the weekend off we flew home first class :) I have no idea why,
but I'm thinking it was just a tender mercy of the Lord reminding me
He remembers and thinks about me. I promise if you will look each day,
you will find God's little reminders of love :)
I love you all!
-Sister Tenney


 we're at this old gate to the city, like a fort thing :)


me playing this awesome ancient piano at the fort


cute puppies!

No comments:

Post a Comment