Monday, July 9, 2012

A week full of surprises and goodness

Friends and family, those whom I LOVE!

This week so FULL of surprises and goodness. First of all, I found out
I will be here in k-grad another 6 weeks (WOO HOO!) and I will be
training an American greenie. (Which I'm stoked for I LOVE training :).
Basically I got everything that I wanted. How did I get so lucky???
Secondly, our Armenian family is doing AWESOME. They came to church
yet again and I already see how they are changing. There's a baptism
this Saturday and I'm convinced that once Rosana (the mom) goes to the
baptism, she will want to be baptized as well. SO PLEASE keep Rosana
in your prayers this week :)
Third, this week was ridiculously hot. I now respect all missionaries
who serve in South America or where it's super hot an muggy, I wanted to
die! We went out and served in this lady's "dacha", which is kinda
like a plot of land with a house where they have huge vegetable
gardens. It was over 90 degress and like 200% humidity. We like hiked
out on this cool trail to get there. All of a sudden a bunch of these
mini houses came into view. A babushka walked out of her dacha only in
her bra and underwear! I didn't want to wave hi cuz I didn't want to
embarrass her, but then she just walked up to us and started talking
to us like it was no big deal. And all of a sudden all the babushkas
started coming out of the houses, and they were all naked too! GAH! So
grosse and awkward. They kept trying to get us to undress with them as
we worked, but we kindly REFUSED haha. SO FUNNY.
Good Ol Russia. I love you my dear.
Lena was with us again this week. I just am so proud of her. She is
teaching her younger brother to pray and praying with him each night.
She helped us at a meeting the other day with the Armenian family when
we taught the Plan of Salvation. The next day she told me that after
the lesson, she went home and realized she believed the Plan of
Salvation to be true, but didn't KNOW it for herself. So she read her
scriptures and prayed that night to know if it was true. She told me
how as she did so, she KNEW God was listening to her and she felt the
spirit so strongly and now she can tell people that she KNOWS for
herself that the plan of salvation is God's beautiful and perfect plan
for His children, for US! Can you believe her? She is 15! She turned
15 two weeks ago. And she already has such a remarkable and personal
relationship with God, and she knows where to turn for help, answers,
and comfort. If you dont' already know these things for yourself, I BEG
you, follow Lena's example. GOD LIVES! And He LOVES you. He knows you
more than you can realize. Like Elder Christoffersen told me
himself, "God could not love you anymore if you were His only child".
I love you all. I love my mission. And most of all I love my Father in
Heaven and His church that His Son, our Savior Jesus Christ, leads
today.
Love, Сестра Тенни

No comments:

Post a Comment