Monday, July 23, 2012

The Lord's Inspiration

My dear ones,
It is amazing to me how much I hate writing emails. I mean of course I
love it, but it's just SO DIFFICULT to know how to express how I feel,
what kinds of things I'm experiencing. It's cliche, but it really is
impossible to put to words what a mission is. I just believe that a
mission is something so special, jam-packed with heart wrenching
moments, bursts of laughter, tears of both sadness and happiness,
quiet moments, people you know you were supposed to meet and never
want to part, extreme tiredness, just never wanting the day to end
while yet counting down til you can fall on your knees at night and
then pass out in bed. I love it all. ALL OF IT.
This week was just awesome. Not especially successful, but just GOOD
:) I never realized how important companions are. I have loved alll of
my companions. SO MUCH. But Sister Morrison and I blend so well
together its ridiculous. Missionary work has never been so SMOOTH. Of
course we make lots of mistakes and are trying to be better each day,
but Sister Morrison, I dont know, just somehow we are already BEST
FRIENDS! Like what the heck??? I feel like I've always known her. It's
quite hilarious actually. We have this rule that once you leave the
apartment you have to speak russian. Which is just hilarious becasue
sister Morrison is so new her russian is quite... ummm... simple haha.
So we don't talk too much once we lock the apartment door. But once we
get home we talk a mile a minute... bed time comes much too quickly.
It's weird, I never really felt like i was a "talker", but with her we
just cant seem to stop!
What's crazy is how much I really feel the Lord's inspiration each day.
There are often instances where I KNOW I was being led by the Lord to
do what i did, or say what I said. One particular instance was with
this girl named KIRA we met on the street (I right away told her my
best friend's name is Kira.... SHOUT OUT TO MY BESTIE KIRA!)
anyways.... as I spoke, it just came out so easily, and she was
somehow interested! She said she would come to church, which we didn't
believe (everyone says they will come but never do) and she actually
showed!! And LIKED it. We're gonna start working with her this week.
WOW. I know that doesn't sound like anything too special. But I know
it's the Lord's hand starting to work in her life :)
This week I read Pres. Uchdorf's message about how we are always in
the middle. I love how he quoted Emily Dickenson.... "Forever is
composed of nows". SO TRUE. So often I think about how TOMORROW I'll
do this, or try this, or start this goal. We need to get the idea of
tomorrow out of out head. TODAY is the future.... what we do today is
what shapes tomorrow. We should not be living so that tomorrow is
shaping today. So get up and go do! Like James said
"BE YE DOERS!".
I love you all! So much. love, Sister Tenney
ps- those are pictures on k-grad's highest building! ENJOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment