Tuesday, January 3, 2012

happy new year!

Family!
happy new year! can you believe its already a new year? I cant. But Im
excited becasue now is a time we can make new goals, start over
fresh, and remind oursleves that we can really accomplish all our
dreams. If you want to hear something more about dreams and chasing
them you should call my sistrer Krista right now and she can tell you
a little bit about taking the small steps to accomplish your dreams...
she's got some exciting news :)
Anyways, right now I want to talk about me ;) hahah. First of all I
want to let you all know I lied to you. My companion is not 6 feet.
This week I actually found out I AM TALLER THAN HER. What the heck???
Seriously? I could have sworn she was like 6 feet tall, but then I
come to find out Im actually taller than her. I pondered this for a
little bit and I realized that I've been looking at my companion as
the big, scary missionary I have to train. I've been seeing her as
this hard, challenge, this hurdle. But now that I've been with her
for a few weeks, and as i've slowely learned step by step what it
means to be a trainer, I've realized i need to change my perspective!
I gotta stop looking at things as so big and scary. This time to be a
trainer, its an opportunity! Im learning SO much. And Im having a lot
of fun with her. We get along great, and we're both striving to be
obedient missionaries, to be the Lord's hands. I decided I need to
stop thinking this is hard and scary but that its fun, an adventure,
and it 's helping me grow. I challenge each of you at the start of this
new year to look at your life and find the six feet hurdles and
re-evaluate them. Change your perspective and perhaps they're actually
mini-adventures in disguise :)
I was greatly humbled this week. Last monday we had an appt at 7 and
we were runnning late and I was really frustrated with my comp for
making us late. I was REALLY frurtsated and I knew it and then I
became even madder cuz I didnt want to be mad haha. But as we were
entering the metro we got a call from a different sister missionary
who has somehow lost her companion, she asked us if we knew where she
was and we looked up and saw her companion right in front of us! It
was a miracle, but becasue we were LATE we were able to help them find
eachother. This experience helped me see that everything is according
to God's plan. Its useless to get frustrated at stupid things like
being late (the lady we had an appt with was totally fine with us
being late). Remember God is the master planner of us all!
I love you! I had a wonderful new years and got to watch tangled in
Russian with a bunch of Russian sister missionaries! Was the best new
years present ever!
i love you all! Love Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment