Monday, January 30, 2012

Seek for Change

friends and fam!
So this week I just was feeling so, I dont know, boring, and like
normal. I just felt like I keep doing the same old things, like
nothing was happening, and just I was starting to go with the flow. I
thought about this a lot and decided, "imma find little things I can do
to change it up". And so thats my goal right now. Yesterday I did so
by using a different "pass along card" than I normally use. instead of
handing out ones with info about our church I decided to hand out ones
to give them a free book of mormon. I knew this would give me the
oppurtunity to right away talk with people about the Book of Mormon.
And oh what a difference it made!!! Instead of saying the same things
I've gotten into saying as a routine, I was able to simply talk and
testify about my favorite thing in the world, the book of mormon! And
people started to listen! haha. Yesterday I started talking with a man
and gave him the invitation and he asked, what is this book??? And BAM
I was able to begin to testify right away. It was powerful, and best
of all it was natural. I was able to give him a Book of Mormon RIGHT
THEN AND THERE. And OH how I love to talk about the Book of Mormon and
then watch people's reaction as I give it to them. His eyes widened
when I went to hand it to him and as he held it for the 1st time He
just looked at it in amazement. He gave us his number and he wants to
meet with us and his family this weekend. Now that is what I call a
miracle. And you know why it came about? Becasue I sought for change.
Just a small little thing made the biggest difference. I know you all
know what I'm talking about when I said i was getting stuck in
routine. SO all of you, think right now, and find a mini thing you can
do TODAY. A small little thing to change. Step by step miracles are
made, mountains are moved and the sun rises. I have faith in you! I
love all of you and thank you for your prayers. They are small, but
together they strengthen me and help us missionaries everyday. Don't
you dare forget to read your scriptures today!
oh, and ps. my comp the other day read an article in the ensign about
a missionary who was struggling with the language and got a blessing
to help him. She turns to me an says, "sis Tenney! You should get a
blessing to help you speak russian!": hahahahha. Now you know you need
to improve your language skills when your native companion tells you
you need a blessing haha. Dont worry I'm not worried about it. I think
its hilrious and its only helped me try to study harder! Love you
all! - love Sistra tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment