Monday, January 23, 2012

God Really is the Master Planner

Family friends and admire-ers ;)
haha. So this week was what i like to call my week of mini miracles. So
to start of we met with our investigator this week and taught her the
Plan of Salvation if you dont know what this is go to
lds.org and
find out cuz its awesome!). We approached this meeting very cautiously
cuz our investigator told us very admontly in previous meeting she
doesnt want to hear anything about life after death. Haha. SO me and
my comp we studied very hard, we prapared alot, and practiced. Somehow
the meeting went very smoothly, she accpeted all of it, and seemed to
forget her hatred of the after life haha. Wow it was soooo cool.
Whats even cooler though is that after this meeting through the week
as we talked to ppl on the street, many ppl needed to ear about the
plan of salvation! It was like God had prepared us this week so we
could be ready for these ppl, 2 diff women specifically. One of them,
it was late at night, freezing, and dark and we were almost home when
for some reason I started talking to some lady. The first miracle is
that she stopped and listened. I know right away my russian was pretty
terrible as I was talking to her, but she kept listening! We started to
ask her questions, and after a minute she broke down to us and
starting crying. Her mother had just died. But we were ready! We
powerfully testified of God's plan for us. Somehow, in a dark street,
late one cold russian night we were able to have such a great
converstaion, and get her number. We all cried as we talked together
and we all left hugging and feeling better. Is that not crazy?? And
what's crazy is another similiar thing like this happened about 2 days
later. We have no idea, but God really is the master planner. And He
needs each of us to be ready and worthy to help Him make His plans
"come to pass". Wow.... so cool.
I'd like to give a few shoutouts to a few awesome ppl. first of all,
thank you DJ girls! I got your big letter full of all ur mini letters!
Im soooo happy and proud of all of you keep it up! Thank you cousins and
aunts and uncles. Thank you everyone for your emails, letters, dear
elders, and most of all prayers! I need them!
Last fun little story. We sang at our last meeting with our
investigator and after the song she just sat and stared at me in
amazement. I loked at her and she said "you sing without a hint of an
accent!! When you talk you have one, but not when you sing".... Yay!!!
Maybe I'll just spend the rest of my mission singing :)
love you all! Love, Sistra Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment