Monday, January 9, 2012

I LOVE MY MISSION! AND I LOVE RUSSIA!

Family and friends,
how are you all!? I love you and pray for you everyday. And let me
tell you, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS! I feel them. seriously I do. It's
so crazy to think that I'm on a mission.... in RUSSIA! haha, who would
ever know? and that i can actually communicate with Russians, and that
I'm starting to really be able to understand people, not just the
language, but the culture. This week we were able to go to a ward
christmas out of the city. I knew there would be a lot of
investigators there and I also knew that my job was to just meet them
and talk with them and make them feel welcome. Meeting poeple is one
of my weak points, because of my language skills I'm often awkward as i
strive to get to know people and try to speak what I want to say. I
prayed hard, and after our hour bus ride, I walked into the church,
and somehow I completely forgot about my nervousness, and my lack of
"people" skills (or so I thought) and somehow I was able to walk
around the room and get to know everybody, members and non-members
alike, and when the evening was over and I had to leave I was so sad
becasue I felt like I was leaving dear friends. I dont know how it
happened but it was truly a small miracle this last week. gosh how i
love the people here. its so weird how russians are so different, yet
not different from us at all. in the end we are God's children seeking
for happiness and peace. I LOVE MY MISSION. AND I LOVE RUSSIA! happy
new year everyone! Remember at the start of this new year to set new
goals and then everyday, be patient with yourself, as step by step,
you become closer and nearer to God and becoming the child He knows
and wants you to be. IM striving to learn patience too... stuipid
patience haha. maybe one day I'll master you!
i love you all! Love- Sistra Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment