Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh gosh how I love this book...

Family and friends,
so let me tell you a little about a meeting we had with a less active
lady last night. my companion and I asked her if she reads the Book of
Mormon, her reply was "I'm too busy, and besides I've already read it
a few times". Oh my gosh in an instant I just wanted to walk into the
corner and cry. Seriously woman!? The Book of Mormon is not just
somebook we check of our list! It's not just something to read in our
free time, or when we feel like it. Its not a classic and its not book
club book. And we don't read the Book of Mormon to necessarily learn
about what the nephites did and the wars and yadda yadda yadda. The
book of Mormon is a TOOL. A DOOR. It opens our heart. It is revelation
to ancient prophets, and as we read it, we recieve personal
relevation. Thats why the Book of mormon is powerful and personal
for each person. When I read it, I get different things out of it
that when you read it, because I understand it according to the needs
I have right now. I recieve personal relevation, and inspirtation,
PEACE, and strength. And I need this EVERYDAY. EVERYSINGLE DAY. and so
do you. So dont you dare think you dont have enough time to read the
Book of Mormon. I challenge you to MAKE time for the Book of Mormon
everyday. And if you have already read it, continue! I promise you,
you will learn something new each day. AND think about it, Joseph
Smith, He translated it, I'm sure he knew the Book of Mormon better
than anyone, yet i promise you he read it everyday. SO please, as
Moroni, I exhort you to read the Book of Mormon. Make it a special part
of each day. Oh gosh how i love this book...

Wow I'm a little embarrassed how fired up I got about that haha. But
anyways. YAY this week was full of beautiful snow! It was sooo fun and
magical, and not even cold! Im soooo nervous this week is gonna be
freezing. Pray for me! I love all of you! THANK YOU for your prayers
and support. Have a good day :) love, Sistra Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment