Monday, December 26, 2011

My Christmas Week

Family!
Merry Christams! saroshdestvom! (Merry Christams in russian haha). SO
I gotta tell you about my Christams week. First of all, it started off
with a bang. Literally. Right after I emailed last week me and my comp
were leaving the apartment in the elevator and it broke! We were stuck
in this TINY elevator for about 40 min.... that was hilarious. And
then on Friday after we finished our service at the Hermitage (the
world's 2nd largest art museum....no big deal ;) we were walking down
the beautiful marble staircase, and I dont know how, but I totally
biffed it and tumbled down the staircase. Like movie style. Wow good
times :)
SO I'm embarrassed to admit I totally started the week off as Sister
Scrooge. I knew we had a mini xmas tree and some decorations in the
closet but I just didnt feel like spending a few 20 min to take it out
and set it up. But finally the morning of xmas eve, eve (23rd) while
my comp was in the shower I decided to surpise her and set it up. OH
MY GOSH WHAT A DEFFERENCE IT MADE! I know its just a stupid fake tree
and some sparkling lights and cheap ornaments but OH HOW I LOVE OUR
TREE! Its sitting on the windowsill and it is beautiful. I love it. It
really brings the xmas spirit into our appt. the spirit of xmas is so
important! And it comes in the little-est of ways :)
So xmas eve we were essentially having a pretty bad day. We tried to
stop by less actives homes and no -one was answering and it was cold
and snowy and we still had 2 hours and not many ppl left to stop by. I
randomly decided to call the relief society president to ask if we
could stop by on xmas but she said it wouldn't work out. SO I hung up
the phone and tried to figure out what we would do the rest of our
bleak night. BUT TEN minutes later she called back and invited us over for dinner!!
We ran over (meaning took a 30 min trolley bus to her place) and walked
into her home finding her kitchen table covered in food, a big bright
xmas tree, and her family and kids happy to see us. The night
instantly turned into a warm, memorable night. They sang with me and
asked me about my xmas traditions and danced with me cuz they knew my
family at home was performing our dance without me :)
Let me tell you, of course I love and miss my family, but this xmas
was very special. I'm finally starting to understand what the spirit
of christams is!
I love and miss all of you! MERRY CHRISTmas. Love, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment