Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Day to You!

Family :)
Oh my gosh this week has been so full of newness! Let me tell you,
serving with a native Russian is an adventure. I fell like I'm finally
starting to see and live some Russian culture. Imma try to tell you
all the things shes does, or all Russians do that are
hilarious/different than us Americans. They are freaks about cold
water, or drinking cold drinks. My companion only drinks warm tea
(fruit tea of course :) or warm up milk. The warmed up milk grosses me
out. they are all obsessed with tea here. In Russian its called
"chai". I am actually am slowly converting to the chai, its
delicious! They are obsessed with hot dogs here. They call them meat,
but really its just different kinds of hot dogs haha. I think its
hilarious. the last thing you ever want t do is sit on the ground in
front of a Russian. they'll freak out. even in a house or inside....
however if you sit on a newspaper or rug, then you're fine ha. There's
so much more funny culture things I just cant think of them...
My companion has been fun in the fact that shes a total Russain. 1st
off, in Russia, if you're a girl your completely allowed to stare at
yourself in the mirror wherever you are. Vanity is the usual, its
expected. The girls here are obsessed with skininess. My comp is too
and as her diet shes doesn't eat meat but she can eat chocolate and she
loves loading butter on everything (they don't understand here what is
ad isn't healthy). But the main reason I love her is because here in 
Russia holding hand is just what you do. ALL day as we walk aroud she's
eiter holding my hand, or we're arm in arm. I love their touchines
here. My theory is it has to do wth it being so cold. But even little
boys up until their like13 go around holding each others hands..... ha
isnt that something?
This week has also been a little tough having a companion who doesn't
really know the missionary "rules", but shes been willing to be
obediant so I've been lucky :) I've been green with jealous rage all
week cuz my comp can freely converse and just talk with everyone in our
lessons while I struggle to say what I want, and sometimes have no
idea what they are talking about. But its all good. I'm totes excited
to train my new missionary staring wednesday! She's Russain, and from
moscow, and shes tall. Thats all I know and IM stoked!
I love all of you and I hope this christams season you are inviting
all your nonmember friends and family to church activities and to your
home. This is the best season to do so! Go out on a limb and be
fearless, thats my motto these days :) Love you! Sis Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment