Monday, December 5, 2011

overflowing with happiness


Friends and Family,
My how I love you! I hope all of you are HAPPY. Cuz I am. More than I
ever have been in my life. Let me tell you about my last week. In one
week I killed my trainer (she finished her mission), I served in a
3-some where we only spoke Russian, I, and the rest of the
missionaries in my mission were called to repeentance by Pres Bennet
of the 70, and I now have a mini-missionry who doesn't speak a word of
english. And it has been the best week of my mission ever!
seriously. As I sit and ponder my last week I would think it would've
been really hard. But no, it wasnt. I realized that I can be better,
much better, and I want to be better, and I know I can be better. I
realized that I'm not just here to invite people to church, but I have
the richest, most significant news that exists on earth. I realized
that I shouldnt just talk and invite everyone, but that I WANT to talk
to everyone and invite everyone. I realized that I'm apart of
something so much bigger than i could ever realize. This is ETERNAL
HAPPINESS we're talking about. This is HUGE. And besides, all people
might say is "no". Whats so scary about that?
Last night me and my mini missionary, sister solnzeva, we were
contacting on the way back from an apointment and we talked to
EVERYONE. It was so fun. We had good, real conversations. yes we were
turned down alot, but it was still amazing. Our last person we
contacted, the first thing he said was that he didnt believe in God. I
let Sister Colnzeva talk to him, and then I asked his name, and if he
was happy. He pondered and said "no, my wife died just 30 days ago". I
almost cried right there on the spot. Within seconds the Holy Ghost
joined our mini meeting on the street. We were able to testify to him
that he could see her again, that he can be with her forever, and that
he could be happy. All of a sudden he changed from being too busy to
talk, some one who didnt believe in God, to a changed man. He said he
could change his schedule to come to church. he gave us his number so
the elders could call him, and he walked away with a smile on his
face.
That is why I am here.
And that is why I am overflowing with happiness right this second.
Please look for opportunities like this. I know you can have them too.
You can do it! I love you!
-Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment