Monday, December 5, 2011

GETTING LOST IN THE WORK

HELLO EVERYONE!
So remember how last week I told Russia that imma kick its butt? Welp
right after I sent that email home guess what started.... SNOW! Haha,
I couldn't help but laugh at myself. I promise you, while on a mission
once you get a tiny bit prideful, immediatly your are kicked in the
butt and humbled. But the snow wasn't bad at all. It just snowed all
day. Luckily, I was wearing my sexy marshmallow jacket so I was
completely warm. And I even had a trial test with the padding. For
your information is does not hurt to slip and fall in Russia because
our coats are packed with padding. YUPP. The first day it snowed I
already slipped and fell. It was pretty funny.
This last week was my busiest yet due to the fact that Sister Parker
(my companion) is leaving this Wednesday so people were calling from
the woodworks dying to have one last meeting with her. It was
miraculous in a way. Becasue she was leaving we were able to get into
doors we haven't before, and we were able to touch people's hearts who
usually keeped them locked up nice and safe. It's really interesting
that amid all this running around and trying to meet with people, we
truly did forget about ourselves and we got lost in the work. 2 days
in a row Sis P and I didnt even have time to eat. We were often fed
treats at people's houses, but besides that we seriously hardly ate
anything. We would get home each night exausted, but fulfilled as we
saw how busy and successful our days were. im not saying Im planning
on not eating the rest of my mission, but what i am saying is that
what would usually seem like a big sacrifice, before my mission,
doesnt seem like a sacrifice at all now. I am slowly seeing how BIG
and IMPORTANT the work is that im doing, and I know the Lord is
blessing me, in many different ways, to help me to forget about myself
and truly do HIS work :)
After Monday it only rained the rest of the week, which I think is
quite bizarre. It finally started snowing agian today... yay! For some
odd reason I love the snow here! ( yet more evidence of God's
blessings.... before my mission I HATED snow).
Family friends, I love you all and pray for you everynight. IN RUSSAIN!
Its quite fun saying your names in my prayers in Russian cuz the
endings changes. When i say, for example, please bless krista and
tauna, in russian, Im say please bless Kristu and taunu (an ooo sound,
like the sound when you say shoe). Isnt that sweet! I think it is! and
braden and bryce turn into Bradena and bryca. COOL!
Love you all! _love sister tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment