Tuesday, February 28, 2012

we TESTIFIED

Family and friends :)
Before I begin my story I want to notify you all that this email is
not meant to bash those of the Jehova's Witness' faith. It's just my
experience that I've had here. Understand? Thanks :)
So last week we were leaving the apartment of a member when we ran
into a friendly JW in the elevator. We talked religion for a bit and
then she gave us her number. We met with her this last friday night.
For those of you who are familiar with this "religion", they are quite
dilligent and passionate in what they believe. I think besides us
Mormons, they are the most passionate and faithful church to their
beliefs. They usually know the bible inside and out and man it can be
tough talking with them. We started our meeting with a prayer and
before we could start our lesson she began asking us soooo many
questions about our beliefs. She loved listening to our answer and
then telling us what she believed and then proving that her belief was
right becasue she had "biblical proof". She did this very kindly
actually which I appreciated, but still it wasn't exactly fun. But I
was actually very surpirsed with how I felt throughout the entire
meeting. You see before my mission I was always so nervous when people
asked me questions about my beliefs becasue I wanted to make sure to
give the right answers and also make sure they didnt think I was
weird, etc. But this time it was different. While this lady tried to
prove her points with us, we were able to calmy explain what we
believe, and most importantly, we TESTIFIED. We told her what we knew,
we tried our best to avoid "bible-bashing" and we simple declared what
we knew, and that we knew it becasue of the Bible AND the Book of
Mormon.
Have I told you how much I love the Book of Mormon???? ;) Seriously,
if you want to strengthen your testimony of ANYTHING in the gospel, or
if you have a question. The Book of Mormon will solve everything.
Think about it. If you truly KNOW the Book of Mormon is true, then you
already KNOW: 1- Jospeh Smith was a prophet 2- Joseph Smith restored
God's true church 3- Christ is our Savior and redeemer and our way
back to our Heavenly home. 4- That our church is establised on living
prophets and what they ask us to do is revelation and direction from
GOD 5- We have the priesthood power on earth that allow us to make the
covenants we must make to return to God. AND SO FORTH. I could go on
and on. By you knowing the Book of Mormon is true, you essentially
have a solid testimony of every single gospel principle.
So don't worry. All you need to do is read the Book of Mormon.
Everyday. And I promise you everything in life will work out. And The
JW's wont even scare you one bit ;)
I love you all! Thank you for your love and support. Keep me in your
prayers always :) LOVE Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment