Monday, October 31, 2011

Life is good. I hope yours is to. I love you all!

Hello everyone!
Can you believe my 1st transfer is already over?? I cant. That means I
train NEXT transfer... yikes.
Happy Halloween! Party hard for me and eat some kits kats for me.
Those are my fav.
This last week has been a good one. We officially have a baptism with
our 26 yr old investogator uliana. Let me tell you a little about her.
My 1st sunday here after sacrament she ran into the bathroom and was
BALLING. We met with her the first few weeks I was here and everytime
we did she would cry.... her life is hard. She's got a messy life. But
despite this she really wanted to know if this church is true. She
didn't really understand the Book of Mormon but she had always read
more the next time we met with her. She always asked about the
atonement and Christ and she couldn't really understand what it meant.
She was full of questions and we did our best to answer them. When I
first got here she dressed kinda immodestly, was always sad and always
seemed burdened. Now let me tell you about her this last week. This
last week when we would come to meet with her she would laugh and
tease with us. She was dressed in brighter colors and was modest. She
was full of life, and light feeling. She is EXCITED for her baptism
and she continues to read her scriptures, go to church and pray. Her
prayers are sincere, heartfelt. The CHANGE has been miraculous to
watch. Isn't this soo cool??? THIS is the essence of the Gospel. This
is why we are here on Earth. We're supposed to be happy. We're
supposed to have trials, but we're supposed to know that we can turn
to God and know we have them for a reason and that He will help us.
uliana's life is still messy and full of trials, but she has the hope
of the gospel.
Something the DRIVES ME CRAZY OUT HERE is that people think life has
control over them. They think that its too hard to go to church, that
they just "cant". That scripture reading everyday is for the perfect
people. SERIOUSLY???? They dont realize they have control over life.
They can CHOOSE to read everyday and CHOOSE to go to to church. Its a
choice we should make ONCE and then just do it the rest of our lives.
Does your life have control over you? Or are you controlling it
yourself? Are you making the most important decisions first? Dont let
them be the last on your to do list. Put them first, and then God can
put you first on His to-do list :)
anyways.... this week me and my comp found a vending machine that
sells umbrallas! Ha, what a great idea. It rains so much here why not
make umbrallas easy to buy? I thought that was hilarous.
Life is good. I hope yours is to. I love you all!
love, sis T

No comments:

Post a Comment