Monday, October 17, 2011

2 weeks ago...

Hello everyone!
I hope all of you watched conference becasue it ROCKED. No joke.
Conference to us missionaries is like disneyland. Saturday morning as
we gathered together to watch it in English we were all giddy with
excitement. And it was AWESOME!
few cool stories about it. first, the lady elder Nelson talked about
from st. petersburg, yea, I know her. She was watching it on the 3rd
floor just above me on sunday, in russian, as we watched it. Isnt that
cooll!I dont know her very well but I know all the russains love her
and they loved being talked about it confernce haha.
2nd, so this last week we were focused on finding becasue since I got
here we havent yet found a new investigator. And I was SICK of that. so
this week we talked to EVERYONE asking EVERYONE for referrals. We'd be
contacting on the street and as people we talked to said no we would
ask them if they knew of anyone who would want to hear our message
haha. But anyways. Nothing seemed to be working, but all of a sudden
one day my comp dared me to go contact this black girl so I did and
as I was takling to her she started crossing her arms and saying I
english, I dont know russain! Ha~! I was stoked. Turns out she
studies here and shes from africa. All three of us were taking the
same metro so we got to talk to her for a while and we got her number.
We weret ever able to meet with her this week but we randomly called
her and invited her to come watch confernce with us. She surpised us
and was like "yea! and can a bring a freind?" WHAT!?!?!? hahah of course! She came
with her friend and it was the coolest experience to sit next to them
sunday morning of conference and watch it through their eyes. They
had little background and knowledge of our church and beliefs, but I
loved watching them inch closer and closer to the tv as they soaked
up everythuig that was said. When the prophet came on they were SO
FOCUSED and entertained. They were like little kids. And so was I!
(man isnt pres. Monson awesome?) after the first 2 hours they had to
go but they loved it and kept telling everyone how they loved the
prophet. Wow i am so excited to meet with them! And testify and help
them to be happier! This was a mini miracle to me that showed the Lord
cares. He cared about them two and helped get them to conference while
also caring about me and sister parker and helped us achieve our
goals.
Just as a warning, if you ever come to russia dont step on gutter
holes (what are they called again?) becasue people fall in them here,.
No joke. An elder fell in one one time haha.
This gospel rocks! SHARE IT! I love all of you!
love, sister tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment