Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy halloween!

Everyone!
Before I begin I made a very important discovery this week. Tenney has
a meaning in Russian, tenney means Eye Shadow! Hahahaha. SO when
russians hear my name they think of me in their head as sister eye
shadow.... isnt that hilrious?? I think it is.


Anyways. Wow. This week was frustrating. I just felt like all the
goals we set werent accomplished and all the ppl we wanted to see
dogged us and all the wonderful plans we made got changed. BUT. I'm
learning alot. SO MUCH. Things get canceled for a reason, things
change for a reason, things are hard for a reason, EVERYTHING HAPPENS
FOR A REASON. God knows the real plan, and He makes sure everything
happens as it should. Its take us to use our agency to try to align
our perspective with God's. Our Father in Heaven is the Mater Planner.
So we just need to trust in Him and remmeber everything hazppens for a
reason! but GEESE why is that so hard?

So saturday we met with an 11 yr old girl whos father is innactive,
mother is a nonmemeber, gma is a member, and she LOVES meeting with us
(SO MUCH POTENTIAL THERE RIGHT???). so we met with her and ended up having a really cool lesson.  We wanted to show her the power of
her example. So I told her an experience I had (and yes I told it in
russian and was OH SO proud of myself afterwards :). One time while
working at sea world it was a really busy night so they had me selling
these glow swords in the HUGE shamu stadium. I was in there before
everyone came in and then watched for the next hour as the stadium
filled up. The show still had about 10 minutes till it started but
the stadium was already packed to the brim. While just standing there
I heard a little girl, probably about 5 years old say to her dad
"Dad, I wanna do the wave!" he replies, "then lets do it". They loudly
count to 3 together and stand up and do the wave. A few people around
them saw it and did it too. The 2 of them try it again.... 1,2,3! and
then about a few hundred people join in. By the 3rd time that one
little girl had the entire stadium do the wave.
isnt that crazy? I felt honored to have witnessed something so
signifigcant. That 5 year old girl had just affected and influenced an
entire stadium. And guess what, each of us have that kind of influence
and power. We are each important, and we each make a difference. The
power comes from deciding to do so.

A russian update, everyonme this week seems to think I am awesome
already at speaking russian. I was complimented several times for
already speaking so well :) Everytime someone complimented me my
companion laughes and agrees and then afterwards we laugh together
because while the russians think I CAN SPEAK WELL, THEY HAVE NO IDEA i
cant understand anything! HAHA. So yupp, I somehow need to learn to
understand this language. Hopefully before then end of dec I will
progress, becasue then i will no longer have a translator near my
seide all the time (my current companion). Instead I will have a
companion who expects me to do the translating.
ahhhahahaha. That is going to be so funny.
Welp, I love you all! Thank you for the emails and prayers! Every bit helps!
I love you.
Love, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment