Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New investigator

My fellow Family and Friends,
Just a quick "privyet" from k-grad! I'm not really quite sure where to
begin with this week...... it was ALL over the place..... literally. I
was in Gdansk, Poland this week for a visa trip, and somehow didnt get
home until 1 in the morning, which just kinda threw off our whole
groove for the rest of the week. The cool thing about Poland, is that
while polish has our same alphabet as us (meaning it is NOT cyrrilic
like russian), it is very similiar to Russian. So I could KINDA
understand polish while I was there! How cool is that? It was so
entertaing reading road signs and hearing people speak and trying as
hard as I could to figure out what it all meant. SO COOL!
With being exhausted from this whole Poland event, our week just was
going terribly ( just me being dramatic). So Sis Morrison and I
decided we needed to stop being such whiners and find the "miracles"
in each day. As we started to do this, the result was huge! ( Well
at least in our eyes). I will list a few of the results:
- we had over 60 people at church (lately only 40 or even less have
been comiong).
- a random/old investigator just decided to come to church. Woo hoo!
- we have a brand new investigator who is AWESOME!!! And its a miracle
how we found her..... actually how she found us. The senior couple was
out buying raisins in this cool market they have here called a
"rinik". While the old senior couple was trying to decide which dried
raisins were the best/trying to order them even though they dont speak
Russain, this lady came up to them who worked there and kept pointed
at their badges and talking to them in Russian. They gave her a
pass-along card, and then while I was in Poland with some members,
they returned with my comp and got her phone number. We went by
yesterday and she has TONS of questions and kept asking for
"literature" or anything to read about us,. YAY! A REAL investigator.
So many of our "investigators" arent really investigating the church,
but are more intersted in knowing about us or America, I forgot what
it feels like to be around someone who is sincerely interested. So
exciting.
The last bit of good news involves a babushka whom we met on the bus.
Lets just say, while on the bus we made a deal with her, she would
teach us what she knows, and we would teach her what we know. We show
up to her appt and before we know it she is showing off her beautiful
head stand she can do "for hours". You neeed to know that she is prob
90 years old, if not, def 85. She then tried to make us do it but
regretfully, our dresses wouldnt allow it. Her "knowledge" she wanted
to share with us was all about health and weird natural things we
could do to be healthy. Lets just say she forced spoonfuls of honey
down our throught (yes I felt like a child as she spoon fed us, all I
was lacking was my bib) AND she even gave me a massage. HA! She
started to pull my dress up and I freaked out and she was like "come
on I;m just an old babushka and just want to give you a massage!".
Luckily I convinced her that a massage would be just as good with my
dress on. And it was! Free massage woo hoo!
Pretty much, you can never know what to expect out here in k-grad.....
or even in Russia.
Next week expect an awesome email all about the creation of the St.
Petersburg stake with Elder Nelson! Woo hoo!
Gotta run! I love you all. When you feel down, look for the miracles
in your life. You will be amazed.
Love,
Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment