Thursday, August 30, 2012

Autumn in the air



My Family and Dear Ones,

Wow this week was just beautiful..... in every aspect. First of all,
FALL has... sprung??? It is here and amazing and so chilly and breezy
and fresh. I feel like its waking me up, I love it. Autumn has brought
with it APPLE SEASON. Oh. my. gosh. So many people have given us huge
bags of apples, and guess what? We have become proffesional apple
sauce makers. Dont schrunch your nose over that; this apple sauce is
more than divine. So fresh, and all you have to add is cinamon and a
pinch of sugar. LOVE IT. This week we were also blessed with the find
of CILANTRO. Oh how I have missed cilantro. I've really gotten
obsessed with making "salsa" (tomatoes, onions, peppers, and lime...
so I guess you could call it salsa). But this cilantro has made our
week. Basically I've become obsessed with cooking and baking, and for
those of you who know me.... this is very new to me. But Sis M and I
basically own our own bakery out here in k-grad.... the members, our
investigators, and WE just love it. Mmmmmn. For the first time in my
life and I cant wait to be a mom in an apron cooking all day.... what????

This week sistrer M and I had an interesting experiment. We decided to
pretend we were assistants to the president. We tried SO HARD to do
everything perfectly right, and not just fill our time with things to
do, but with exactly the Lord wanted us to do. WOW. The outcome was
MIRACULOUS. Whats weird is that we dont really have investigators
right now, however, we did SO MUCH GOOD this week between meeting with
less actives and active members. The spirit was so strong with us this
week. Thats seems like a given being a missionary, but not every
meeting is the spirit very strong.... but this week it was so obvious
to Sis M and I that we were doing just what the Lord needed us to be
doing. And there really isnt a better earlthy feeling than that.
Each day on my mission I see more and more how PRIDEFUL I am. Yupp.
Just as the word is written... FULL of PRIDE. So this week I decided
to pray to be humbled. <WARNING> If you pray to be humbled God will
make sure you are humbled. Its tough... but such a sweet experience as
well. I challenge each of you to do so... sincerely and with real
intent of course :)

We were lucky to be able to go to the BEACH 2x this week. How lucky
are we! Of course it was beautiful and homey... sitting in the sand
listening to the waves. I forgot how much I miss that. And to be able
to do so with the members out here. It was really special.... gah I
wish I was articulate.... few things are better than being at the
beach with those you love (see pics I attatched).
I just want you all to know I love you and I feel your prayers. I need
them, and the people of Russia need them too. Aren't we so blessed to
have prayer! i hope you all are praying and really communing and
conversing with your Father. He loves you. I Know. I love you all too!

love, Sister Tenney

ps- the pic of me reading is a memorial for the beloved Pushin. They
are obsessed with him here. Isnt the book and quill so cute?

1 comment: