Sunday, August 26, 2012

"No Change, you're still together"

Family and friends,
Stink, I dont have much time today so this will prob be short. This
week was awesome!!! Being in St. Peter with all the leaders of the
mission was such a great priviledge! I have always wanted so badly to
go to these meetings, but of course, never thought I would because only
Elders are leaders in missions.... but not this one! I was so
impressed with the Elders and Pres Clark, they treated Sister Morrison
and I with such respect... and they treated us as equals. When they
talked about the mission and just anything, they always included
womanhood and how important our role as women are as well... both in
regards to this mission and in general. I was expecting them to think
it was weird or not right to have a sister at the meeting, but on the
contrary I was an equal., colleague and friend. President Clark just
blows me away. The way he loves and respects his wife is so inspiring.
She is always at the leadership meetings and plays a huge role. He
always trusts her and what she says. He NEVER cuts her off, interrupts
her, argues with her or anything. He treats her not only as his
partner, but also as his beautiful wife... I cant find the words to
articulate this right. Lets just say I'm on the search for a man who
will treat me as such as well..... which of course would mean that I
need to be an amazing woman who can be trusted and treated as both
partner and "beloved" wife haha. MAN... i just want it all... and
think I deserve it all. There's nothing wrong with demanding respect
and adoration right???? haha.
Speaking about getting what you want.... so my whole mission I have
basically gotten what I wanted. I'm not shy in letting pres Clark know
what I want.... and somehow I usually get so. I was planning on
spending another transfer in k-grad with my dear sister Morrison, and
I had informed Pres clark, but while we were up at the conference he
tipped me off saying I wouldnt be here next trnasfer with her. WE WERE
SO SAD!! Sis M and I were freaking out all week trying to prepare her
to take over k-grad... and then saturday morning we get the transfer
call and President Clark tells us "NO CHANGE! YOU'RE STILL TOGETHER!"
We nearly fell out or our seats out of excitement, shock, and anger at
him. Pres Clark is just laughing his head off saying "I so fooled
you!". Haha he thinks he's so funny. He then told them I was going to be
a zone leader, and I was speechless (pres clark ALWAYS does the
unexpected... anything is possible with him) and then he starts
laughing again and said he was joking. But seriously pres clark????
The moral of the story is... I get what I want, because I know what I
want and I work for it! (ha how bratty does that sound??). But I urge
you all to try it :)
Serving with Sister M is the best because our conversations are
AMAZING. Especially during companion study. Every morning it is such a
struggle to keep our comp study within the hour limit. Her love and
curiousity for the scriptures is so addicting. She questions and
ponders everything, and now I'm like that too! I go to show her a
scripture I, before I can even finish the first line she's asking
a question or trying to find a scripture related to it... we then get
tangled into billions of other scriptures and great conversation, then
and hour and 5 min later we are just in amazement with all that we
just learned and then realize we still have not got past the first
line of the scripture I shared...nor planned anything we were supposed
to plan that day. I get so excited for both personal and comp study
everyday..... its amazing! I hope the scriptures truly are delicious
and exciting for you... if they arent, I promise you they can be! Try
to understand why the prophets wrote what they wrote, look at the
footnotes, use the bible dictionary.... everything. I promise you the
scriptures can be a feast for anyone!
Well I gotta run. I love you all. Read your scripps, pray, and just
try to follow that still small voice. I promise you, you will be lead
and directed in life. How magnificent is that!?
love you all!
love, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment