Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Expect Miracles

 Fam and Friends and all the rest,
 OH MY GOSH. I dont even know how or where to start. At all. This week
 was THE BEST WEEK OF MY MISSION. BY FAR. This is the basic shedule
 from this week:
Wednseday: flew to Peter and went on spilts with some sisters. had a great time.
 -Thursday: zone conference, which is always awesome (I taught about
 how to begin teaching.. fun stuff). then we went on spilts and stayed
 with different sisters.
 Friday: moved on to the 3rd set of sisters to be on splits with.
 Witnessed miracles.
 Saturday: finshed out our week of splits with another pair of sisters.
 Saw how obedience not only blesses you but makes you happy and blesses
the work!
 Sunday: prepared lunch for Elder Nelson (yes, the ELDER Nelson) and
 Sister Nelson and got to hang out with them (we were the only
 missionaries of the whole mission to do so...no big deal ;), was a
 part of the meeting of the creation of RUSSIA'S 2ND STAKE! WOOOT
 WOOOOOT! Wow the spirit was soooooo strong. Many from the other side
> of the veil were present and I have never felt so happy! (slash
> slightly depressed knowing that one day I leave these people and the
> land that I love). We then had a missionary meeting with Elder and
> Sister Nelson. I dont even know what to say besides IM SOOOOO STINKING
> HAPPY! AND BLESSED! We then flew home absolutely exhausted and have
> spent most of today sleeping :)
>
> So because I'm the "coordinating sister" (whatever that means) I was
> privileged to go on all those splits. I was told by the assistants to
> help each companioship see that this work is a work of miracles, to
> help them focus on being effective and fulfilling their purpose. I
> had no idea what to expect or how to prepare myself, but the Lord so
> lovingly helped me to know the needs of each sister and compnionship.
> He helped me to know right away that I needed to focus on planning and
> goals, and I was able to show all the sisters the miracles that happen
> from GOOD, EFFECTIVE planning. Whats crazy is that the Lord had
> prepared me and Sister morrison so well for this week. Eveerything I
> taught these sisters, sister Morrison had just learned and worked on
> for ourselves, and we knew the miracles that come of it. I know this
> email is not specific, but we really were so blessed to leave each
> companioship SO MUCH better than when we came. We all learned SO much
> and are so much more excited for the work.
>
> Just an example of the many miracles I experienced: While on splits I
> went with a sister to visit a member who is completely not active and
> had nothing to do but complain about the church. Our focus and
> commitment to her was to get her to come to the meeting that Sunday
> with Elder Nelson. She kept making excuses and saying she probably
> wouldnt make it. I was sitting there listening to her pathetic and sad
> responses, when all of a sudden I blurted out, in complete confidence,
> even shocking myself, "I know you will come on Sunday because I will
> pray that you will, and God ALWAYS answers my prayers". She paused for
> a minute, amazed at my boldness, and then said she would try. I left
> the meeting slightly freaking out, becasue if she didnt come I would
> feel like such a fool! But, not to my surpirse,at the end of the
> meeting on sunday, I turned and looked at the multitide as Elder
> Nelson was walking out, and I saw her standing in awe of him. And then
> I rejoiced and realized the power of faith- complete confidence in
> God. Im trying not to cry as I write this. I know it is so simple, but
> God really knows our hearts and desire, and truly blesses according to
> our faith.
>
> I am almost out of time, but this weekend I know that I experinced
> history. I am sooo stoked that we did it! We have a stake! And now I
> just know the work will really start to move forward. Something Elder
> Nelson said, that I have really pondered about... he said to the
> multitude sunday "I hope the Lord will bless me to see in reality what
> I see in vision". I wonder.... what is the vision that I have of my
> life? Do I have the faith to know that I will make it a reality? Do I
> even have a vision of my hopes and dreams? What do I want??? It makes
> me think of the proverb "where there is no vision, the people perish"
> (proverbs 29:18). I want each of you to ponder that. What vision do
> you have for yourself and what are you doing to achieve it?
>
> I know this life is a life and world of miracles! seek for them! I
> promise you they are there. I love you all, love Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment