Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dramatic or expressive!



Family and friends, короче моа сембя :)

So recently just about everyone has been telling me that I'm dramatic.
WHAT? I never really thought of myself as dramatic. Yes lively, and
expressive.... but dramatic.... me???? Naw. Haha. But really, Sister
Harps, she is here with her husband in k-grad as a senior couple, she
keeps telling me that she loves the way I teach and interract with
people because I'm so dramatic and expressive...... I take it as a
compliment. Sometimes I wonder what kind of a missionary I am..... or
what I am like in general. So interesting to think about.
This week was beautiful in the fact that just about everyday, in my
morning personal prayers, I prayed for specific help or guidance, and
within the next hour during personal study, was lead directly to the
answer! And not only in answers to question, but I prayed for desire
to do things, and within days, not only was I wanting to do what I
before did not want to do, I was enjoying it and not wanting to stop!
WOW! I always forget, time and time again, that God really does answer
our prayers. How many times doesn He need to remind me??? Its not just
a beautiful phrase the prophets loved to say, its not just something
our teachers are told to tell us, its not just something I tell
EVERYONE (on the street and in their homes) but its TRUE! God listens,
really listens to our prayers. And THEN He answers them. The beautiful
thing about personal problems, or personal questions, like I had this
week, they only involved ME and HEAVENLY FATHER. Aka, there wasnt
anyone else's agency involved in the mix making things a little mushy.
It was between me and Him, and because I was willing to work and use
my agency, He rewarded me! Sometimes as missionaries (actaully ALL THE
TIME) the agency of others is SO frustrating. We just need to remember
that as long as we are using ours as we should, and truly repenting
and striving to be better, then our prayers will be answered.... just
as God knows they should be. Oh my gosh.... this gospel is way too
awesome. Everything is a win-win.
We got two new investigators this week! (that sounds terrible, but
really thats huge for us). We havent been able to find anyone
interested, and this week we found 2!!!! WOOO HOO! I pray that they
will start progressing this week.
We're holding a missionary activity this week, a "Mexican Fiesta".
Everyone thinks the theme is random and hilarious, but I am sooooo
excited! The elders think I am crazy because I am convinced there will
be more than 80 people who will come. You gotta keep in mind that
yesterday in church, about 50 people attended. But I just know this is
going to be a huge turning event in the missionary work in k-grad.
Please keep our Mexican Fiesta in your prayers this week! K-grad needs
it!..... (and so do I !)
Something thats been on my mind lately...... Isaiah 55:8-9..... "My
ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your
thoughts"...... I want to catch a glimpse of God's ways.... His
understanding..... His vision. Is it possible? What does it take? What
do we need to be doing to bring His ways to pass?? For remember, it is
His great work and glory to bring our immortality and eternal life to
pass! What is our part in that??
Just food for thought.
I love you all so much!
I promise pictures next week.
Keep being His servants and serving. I promise you will find
happiness.... even when things arent going the way we want. God has a
reason for all!

Love you,                                                                                                                                           Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment