Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DON'T GIVE UP!

previet!
OK so this week. Ugh. It really wasn't too bad, really, but seriously
I'm going to be honest, I want someone to get baptized. I want
miracles. And I want lots of them. And right now I just feel like I'm
going around in circles. Actually this is how I feel:
So we raked and cleaned up the church grounds on saturday. There were
tons of leaves and just trash and it was just kinda all messy from the
winter. There was about 20 of us with brooms and rakes as we swept
pathways and cleaned off the grass. I was off in a coner trying to
clean my "area". As I did so I just kept getting more and more
frustrated. No matter what I did my rake wouldn't get all the leaves
and I just wanted my area to look perfect! I kept looking out at
others areas and seeing how clean and pretty theirs' was. What was
wrong with mine! All of a sudden I had a secret sad moment as I
realized this is how I was feeling regarding my missionary work. I
have been trying to "rake up" and "
clean up" this area in Russia where I'm currently serving and nothing
seems to be happening. I'm looking out at others and seeing their
success and just getting so frustrated! WHY!? It's not fair. I'm
working as hard as I can. What more can I do??? I feel like Christ in
his vineyard. We see in Jacob 5 how much work and effort and love He
put into his vineyard, yet still, the fruit wasn't always "good". After
a time Christ himself wept and said "what more could I have done for
my vineyard?" (Jacob 5:41). As I read this chapter I really start to
understand the work of the Savior. How much He HAS done and CONTINUES
to do for each of us.
So then as I was having my sad moment a guy in the ward came and
changed me rakes and then all of a sudden with my new and improved
rake it worked so much better! I'm really not sure what this new rake
reprsents in my allegory. Maybe a change of perspective or attitude,
maybe simply a blessing from God, I don't know. BUT yea, so right now
I'm not the most successful missionary. But I know as I continue to
work SOMETHING HAS GOT TO HAPPEN! It will, I know it, cuz I'm going to
WILL it to happen :)
So to all of you who are frustrated with your rake or your area of
your work, DON'T GIVE UP! Cuz I'm not going to :) And remember, God is
mindful of all His people (alma 26 37). And thatevens means He is
mindful of you :)
So lets be positive and have a good time while we labor. Thank you all
for your support and love! And especially your prayers! Love you,
Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment