Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Land of ICE

Dearest Ones,

Remember how when I first got my call to Russia, we all imagined this crazy winter land full of ice and snow? Well guess what, I'M LIVING IN IT! This last week I was the COLDEST I have ever been in my life. Luckily I realized right away I need to dresss warmer. After doing so I was alot better :) thank goodness! But seriously the wind here was killer, actually no, murderous. I felt so bad for greenie Sister Schwrtz, she just kept yelling "PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIVE HERE?????". It was hilarious slash not hilarious at all. The wonderful thing is I love the coldness, because I only have so much time to experience it left. If I was here this whole winter I would want to die, but these last two weeks Imma SOAK IT UP.
This whole 3-some companionship is so fun/difficult. I love it. And I hate it. Not going to lie. These two sisters are so talented and amazing, and everyday I realize yet again how much I need to work on and do to be better. I felt really blessed. Sunday I specifically fasted to better understand and love both of my companions. Things kind of had not been super smooth between the three of us the last few days. But, because our Heavenly Father is wonderful, He blessed us yesterday during companionship study with a really strong spirit as we practiced and prepared to teach. I felt all of our hearts soften and we realized how lucky we were to have the rare opportunity to all serve together. It was beautiful. And exactly what I needed (cuz you all know how NEEDY I am when it comes to feeling like evryone loves me ;). So dont get all worried now, our companionship is awesome. And gets better everyday. But its no easy jig.
Those darn gypsies. I'm pretty sure the two daughters will be baptized next weekend :) SO PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM! I guess you could say their baptism would be THE BEST GOING AWAY PRESENT EVER. But we'll see. The most important thing is for them to want it and really be ready to make those sacred covenants. I pray that they will be.
So yea thats life :) Petro really is a miracle land. I dont have time to share any more miracles. But know that I see them everyday. My mission rocks. I dont think anyone could have a better mission than me. I love you all.
 
Love, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment