Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My new dream "primary chorister"

Family and Firendzies,

Just rocking the 3 sister companionship these days. We finally got our #3, shes awesome! We got to night train it up there and back to pick her up from Peter. AND President was here this weekend in Petro which was a treat. I seriously love that man. I had a really quick interview with him and we both started crying cause... well you know.... time is flying if you know what I mean.
My thoughts are all over the place I cant think.... Sister Schwarz is our greenie. She's from Oregon and she's 6 foot. Not gonna lie her Russian is TERRIBLE but she's a go-getter and has already taught me SO MUCH. Sister Kareba is my angel. She's just so pure and kind it almost kills me. At the time being, I am pretty much a translator. I want so badly for the 3 of us to understand one another and love one another..... its so interesting how different the dynamics are now that there is 3 of us. I love them both and I'm grateful for the change.
I dont think I have mentioned to you that I am basically Petro's primary music leader. I LOVE IT. We got here and the primary was a disaster. There aren't many kids (ranging from none to 3 usually haha) but we were assigned to fix it all up. The kids would just play the whole 2 hours... how sad is that? They didn't even know one primary song! Our first singing time was a disaster. The Sister Fellows, she's a senior couple sister, she plays the piano for us so thats relieving I dont have to do that. Our first sunday we attempted singing time it was CRAZY. The kids completely rebelled against us and wouldnt do a thing. I was convinced they were going to hate me cause I was strict with them. We decided to meet with the families of these kids each week to show the kids that we love them and to really get to know them personally. Basically we're seeing a miracle. The kids now love us, we love them, and they sit quietly and listen to us, and they know "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and "I am a child of God". On top of this miracle, we found a less active family with 5 kids 10 years old and younger. The father asked us last week if we could take 2 of his daughters to church. "OF COURSE" we said, and thanks to these 2 girls (by the way they are the two cutest things ever... 10 and 8 years old..... baptism age!!). So our primary was even more full this week and the kids were better than ever. Sister Clark (our mission president wife) came in and joined us on sunday and sat there with tears in her eyes. She later told us that she was SHOCKED at the change in the primary and couldn't believe how the kids just soaked it all in. Basically, when I get home imma beg my bishop to be the primary chorister. That is my new dream.
SO yea, life is good. These days I'm just avoiding calandars and clocks.... cuz time is NOT my friend.
Please keep praying for the gypsies. They are being pills these days. I just can't seem to figure out what they need and its driving me crazy! They are so close to "getting it", but they aren't quite there yet. I dont want to be dragging them. I want them to want it... ya know? Luckily my Heavenly Father is on my speed dial these days...
Petro is the best. My comps are awesome. And Imma go eat my thanksgiving dinner now. Love you all,
SISTER TENNEY
ps- IM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I check this blog on Monday mornings...and Monday nights... and Tuesday mornings...and Tuesday nights.....and I'm just not even ashamed to admit that this goes on until her weekly letter is posted.

    ReplyDelete