Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Satan strikes my companion

Family and dearest ones,
 
I really see how Satan is trying SO hard to stop us and do anything he can to keep us from doing this work. It started off by him making my companion SICK. Gosh, lets just say it really is the WORST when your companion is sick home all day sleeping and you have no idea what to do. We had SO many good plans and so much to do and we had to cancel it all. SATAN YOU ARE THE WORST. I pretty much went crazy being stuck home all day for a few days. Positives: I finished the bible. I finished Jesus the Christ. I probably called over 1000 people, both members and non-members to invite them to things and just support them. But man I have never been SO thankful to be out in the freezing cold all night with nothing to do but knock doors (cause I finally got to do that last night and it was so awesome!). I might die if my companion ever gets sick again.
Back to satan; one really weird thing, we had a really important meeting with an investigator, and I'm convinced he made the cat sick to ruin our lesson! First of all, its disgusting, but everyone here loves cats more than their own children, so my russian companion and our babushka investigator kept fussing over this nasty cat that kept barfing. The whole time I'm over in the corner trying not to get sick (both because of the nasty cat and the gross adoration for the nasty cat). Basically it was grosse and our meeting was totally unsuccessful because of it. Sister kareba and I both decided it was satan.
Another positive; because my companion was sick we went to a russian hospital (meaning the we went to the doctors, but here in russia the hospital is the same as the doctors pretty much. Oh yea, turns out my comp had bronchitis or however you spell it). So pretty much the hospital was a lovely tour of Russia: I'm pretty sure the stretchers are from world war 2, the staircases reak of cigarette smoke, AND I even saw a doctor walk by all in his white doctor clothes with blood all over his shirt. SICK!
BUT, with all the craziness of sickness,we did fit in a miracle this week. So tuesday we had a zone conference ( basically a 4 hour district meeting becasue Petro is its own zone), and Sister Kareba and I had to teach on how to give someone the baptismal invitation (that sentence sounds like bad english but i cant figure out how to fix it). We basically ended up practicing over and over and over again and after each time, we were talking about how we can do it better. So, us and the elders learned a lot and set out the rest of the day to do what we noramally do. Turns out, by the end of the day, that both the elders and us set a baptismal date! WHAT!? We went out and did exactly what we had practiced and learned, and then we saw miracles because of it. Thats craziness. Our mission this last week somehow set 20 baptismal dates. I know none of you understand how miraculous that is. Lets just say, I'm pretty sure since the start of this year we have not had more than 30 or 40 baptisms. And now this last week we set over 20 baptismal dates. CRAZINESS!
So yea, even when Satan is trying his hardest, we overcome, we are victorious because we are with God. We don't need to fear or doubt! We must have confidence. Trust that prompting. Do that thing that you dont want to do but you know you should. Apologize. Admit you are wrong. Just do whatever it takes so that you can turn to your Father in Heaven with confidence. That's happiness. And that is what we are here learning to do one step at a time.
I love you all!
Love, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment