Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Joys in your baby steps

Faaammmiiillllyyy,

BLIZZARD.
FULL ON.
IT WAS AWESOME.
AND COLD.
AND FOR SOME REASON I LOVE IT.

I can't remember if I informed you of our goal of having 50 people at church by the end of November. Since I've been here we've had 30 at church. Yesterday: 42!!!! MIRACLE.

On every 1st meeting with an investigator Sister Kareba and I have invited them to be baptised. Its kinda weird feeling at first, but its producing miracles. Every investigator is perfectly aware of why we are meeting with them and what they are striving for. Its crazy. I feel like a crazy missionary these days. Super forward and direct. But it is working! We now have an investigator with a baptismal date :) YAY! And soon there could easily be like 6 more baptismal dates. We got SO much work here its awesome. So many investigators and less active members. And they are all progressing! Coming to church, reading, praying.... I'm in a missionary's disneyland right now.

I know this is a short and probably boring email to all of you. But Im so happy. Im basically "soaked" into my mission. I've never been so focused and centered on my purpose before. And I'm seeing miracles left and right because of it.

The other night while I was laying in bed, I thought back on my mission and asked myself "have I been successful?". All the investigaors who never got baptised, all the less actives who never came to church, all the days spent just talking to people who weren't interested or didn't even care..... I flipped through it all in my head. The "numbers", or "results" or whatever you want to call them, they aren't amazing, but somehow I didn't even care. Honeslty. I just felt a deep love for my mission, for everyone in it, for the great work I'm a part of. I felt so happy. And I really am so happy. So often we judge ourselves, or our results, as Satan tells us we should. Are you looking at your life, or at yourself through his eyes, or through you Father In Heaven's eyes? Eyes with an eternal perspective... eyes that know your heart, your intentions, your strivings and your growth. The Father who joys in your baby steps and weeps when you weep. I promise if you strive to see yourself, your life, and others as HE would..... that is when you will find peace, love, and a determination to continue forward.

And thats why I am happy.

I love you all,
Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment