Monday, April 16, 2012

"THE MOST AMAZING WEEKEND OF MY LIFE"

EVERYONE,
So this weekend is what I have decided to title: "THE MOST AMAZING
WEEKEND OF MY LIFE". Ha. But seriously. So a girl who is 14 years old
in our ward who was just baptized with her mom a year ago has been
inviting her friend to church. Her friend Lena is SO cute and nice and
just always happy. You can just tell she loves the church, she's
basically already a member. We have been wanting to teach her but here
in Russia you have to be VERY careful with teaching people younger
than 18. We have to get signed permission from both of her parents. We
had heard her parents were both against the church and didn't even know
she had been coming with Looba her friend. So we started praying about
this a couple weeks ago and were finally able to talk to her on
Monday. She told me she would ask her mom. She was at the church
almost every night this week for different church activities and even
had a part in the Easter program this weekend. On Saturday she came
early to the Easter activity and ran in and said "my mom is coming
tonight so she can decide if she should sign the papers!". I
immediatly started praying, but soon I was calmed when I saw her walk
into the building and saw the branch members welcome her with open
arms. In short, she loved the activity, loved my companion and I (I
mean who doesn't??) and is even planning on coming to church next
Sunday. Yesterday Lena walked in with an even bigger smile than usual,
and handed us the signed papers. I yelled "It feels like Christmas!"
And Lena laughs and then told me it was Easter so it was even better
than Christmas (the Russian orthidox church's Easter was yesterday).
So with that whole miracle mixed with conference (I finally got to
watch it) I was the happiest I have been on my mission. Have I
mentioned how lucky we are to have conference? Just think about it, we
have a prophet of God on the earth today! I'm just starting to realize
the importance of that. Man why are we so blessed these last days???
I love you all. I love everything. I just love this whole mission
thing. Thanks for your prayers. Keep them up ;) Cuz they are working!
Love, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment