Monday, April 23, 2012

Lena's getting baptized

Family and friends :)
WOW! SO remember Lena? Yea, she is getting baptized. She' s got a date
set and everything. When we asked her if she would get baptized the
first thing she said was "WHAT TIME!? I can any day it just has to be
after school!" hahahaha. We died at her enthusiasm. She is the miracle
I never dreamed of having. She loves everything. Yesterday when we
asked her to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true she replied
"Why? I know it's true. When I pray I just thank Heavenly Father for
it". Can you believe her faith? It's so pure and childlike. I am
beginning to really understand why Christ told us to become as a
little child.
Yesterday at church a member was asking Lena who she wanted to baptize
her and she points to me and my companion and said "the sisters of
course!". hahahahaha. Oops we obviously have not gone over the
priesthood yet. But that's just proof to both her FAITH, and her LOVE
for us :)
As we were contacting (just walking around and talking with everyone.
Basicslly what we do a couple hours each day) we approached an older
man and asked if we could give him an invitation to receive a free
Book of Mormon. He immediatly shook his head and replied "I'm an
athiest!". I immediatly responded "I don't believe you". "Why", he
asked. I then replied, " it is impossible for me to believe that
someone does not believe it God". He then ADMITTED that he DOES
believe in God, but that he "had enough books and brochures and church
and knowlege" and didn't want anything more. And then he walked away.
I was shocked! This man, who believes in God, just DENIED Him and
tried to tell us he didn't not believe in God. It really got me
thinking. Do I ever deny God in any of my actions???? Is it obvious
to all that I believe in God? That I love Him and seek Him and that
I'm striving to become closer to Him, and know more about Him each day?
And when given the opportunity to know more about my Father in Heaven,
and to become closer to Him, am I willing and accepting of it? Or am I
ultimately denying my Father, like this man did, and avoiding
opportunities to seek more of Him?
Just my thoughts for the week. I hope we all are doing all we can each
day to become closer to God, and to help others do so as well. I love
this quote from President Monson that my mom just sent me. "Life by
the yard is hard: by the inch it's a cinch". Remember that all we need
to worry about is TODAY. TODAY I'm going to be the very best I can!
Just a little bit better than yesterday. I don't need to worry past
today. Inch by inch, step by step, is all we need to do. May God help
you each inch of your way. I know He is helping me, even when I try to
leap the yard, He's there to catch me. I love you! Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment