Thursday, July 7, 2011

yay! it's me sister tenney!.

MOM! DAD! FAM!
Can you believe I have made it a week already? Only 11more weeks to go :) I leave here sept 13th i think, or maybe it was sept 12th. I cant remember, but I have GREAT news for you. It says my release date is Dec 18th of 2012..... I'll be home for Christmas! wooo hooo!
This week has been great. The MTC is basically one giant EFY so of course I am loving it. The spirit is strong here and I'm working hard to always have it with me. Especially as I plan lessons for our Russian investigator. We taught our first lesson in Russian last Friday! Can you believe how fast that is? Saturday i could already bear my testimony and I did so on Sunday. Sacrament meeting in Russian was undescribable. I have never felt the spirit so strong. My branch is all Russian missionaries so church is held in russian. Its so cool. Last week I was one of over 500 new missionaries, of which 80 of us are going Russian speaking! Its crazy! I am the ONLY sister in all of the MTC going to St. Petersburg... crazy huh? But there are about 7 elders going with me so thats fun. Oh, and last night I met my new Mission President! Him and his wife are here til Monday. It was awesome meeting them. They are so loving and warm, and already trust and believe in me! Their confidence in me before they even know me is such a relief and already I love them and want to make them proud
My companion's name is Sistra Paletta. She is wonderful. I already love her so much, and she even loves me back! We get along great. She is not prudish at all (I was worried about that), and is way down to earth. She's from mapelton and we are always laughing. Everyone in my district says its a party with me and it really is! Everything is fun, even when Russian is exploding our brains and we just wanna fall asleep we are so tired we always find something to laugh about. I live with 5 other sisters! All Russian speaking. Our room has 3 bonkbeds... its nuts but so much fun. All of the sisters are inspiring and strong and such a good time. I am so blessed by the sisters that surround me.
Mom, there are SO MANY tall, cute elders all around me! Where were all these guys before???? I was expecting to be surrounded by annoying little boy buy I've been surprised with awesome, elders that seem my age, and sometimes even older.
on Saturday i got to watch fireworks! We had a 4th of july "program" which was a blast and then all the missionaries were aloud to go outside at night, past curfew (930 we;re suypposed to be in our room) and watch the fireworks from the stadium of fire. As all the missionaries were running, like a hug stampede to the "best" spot to watch the fireworks, of all things I TRIP! hahahahaha. I flew through the air, screaming, landing laying down, downhill, with my dreww over my head. It was hilarious. Missionaries are all running chaotically around me as I realize what happened and just bust out laughing. Everyone was dying, I def. made my companion's and the other sister's night. Bad news though, even though I landed so graciously, I was holding the camera and Kinda broke it. It still works somehow, but more tape is now needed to hold it together. I dont care tho, it works and it is now an artifact of a great mission memory!
Russian. Its hard. Right as I walked into class the teacher was only speaking Russian. I guess the new russian missionaries that came in with me, we're a part of a new program where we are basically only spoken russian to at all times during class. The elders in my branch that have been here 7 weeks were so impressed we could already bear our testimonies in russian so I guess we are learning much faster than they did with this program. Even so it can get frustrating and teaching lessons in russian is way nerve racking but still awesome. I've learned a lot already, yet still so little. But its great. I know the Lord and His spirit is helping me and I know this is what I am supposed to be doing. Things that are hard are always worth it!
Braden, I met Elder Christianson (i thibnk thats his name, your friend from BYU hawaii also going to russia). He seems way cool.
Gym is the best part of the day. And let me tell you, I'm kinda a big deal on the bball and vball court. Since saturday i've been playing lightning. I was nervous cuz they were shooting 3's so I warned all the elders I would prob stink. Once the game began I didnt miss ONE 3! I miraculously won the game easily. I think the spirit has helped improve my bbal skills or something. After that all the elders love me and I've even won every other game of lightning I have played excpet one. I dont know whats going on, but I like it! The Lord really is blessing me so much!
Waking up at 630 everyday sucks but once I'm out of bed its not too bad. Every once in a while I become uncontrollably tired but for the most part I'm happy, almost crazy during the day. Like I was saying everyone loves me and thinks I'm hilarious, and I feel the same about them.
 
my time is about up! I love you all!!!! believe in christ and live so you can have the spirit with you. keep writing me often! love you!
love, Sister tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment