Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Taking down the Elders!

My Hollywood Mom! Family!


The MTC is still good. Sometimes planning Russian lessons and learning Russian can take its toll, but it always quickly gets better. Whenever I think about how not smart I am and how hard the language is I realize how much trust and confidence Heavenly father has in me to be able to do this! And I know he wouldnt have called me to Russia if he wasnt going to help me :) The best thing about this week is how much I've learned about revelation. We ALL are entitled to personal revelation! Whenever I'm feeling the spirit, whether it be at a meeting or devotional or something, I always make sure I'm listening to any small, quiet thoughts and write them down immediatly. The spirit has taught me SO MUICH this week as I'm practicing doing this. I've also realized, any GOOD idea or thought that comes into my mind is usually a prompting or a small inspiration from GOD! Anything. So make sure you arent discrediting these small thoughts that come into your mind, that you're acting on them, and thanking God for them after :)

The devotionals and firesides here are amazing. The spirit is thick and I dont think I have ever been so happy.

GYM. Its still my favorite :) The bball court opened up again and let me tell you its so fun! Some elder challenged me in lightening (one of my favorite elders ;) and dont worry, I got him out that very first turn!

The most hilarious/embarrassing thing that happened this week happened in the cafeteria. The other night we were eating and some Russian elder challenged me to an arm wrestle. You know me I cant turn down a challenge so the throwdown began. We were even in strength so it was a great match and within a minute of the dual I begin to hear people throughout the ENTIRE cafetaeria getting up and cheering me on. As the wrestle continued more and MORE people are watching and soon everyone in there is watching. by this time I know my face is bright red from my efforts and im SO EMBARRASSED. Of course I win. But now I will forwever be known as the sister who beat an elder in an arm wrestle and I now cannot go anywhere without elders saying something to me about it. yea Im never doing that again! So funny though.

In my lesson last week I accidenlty asked our investigator if we could meet with him the next day at 4am. that was pretty funny too.

That CD of me came from my companions best friends dad who works here at the MTC. We ran into him the other day so he said he would send you a video. How nice is that? Hahah I think I was going a little crazy in the video. By the evenings I'm wasted and start to get a little silly. But yea you shud totes put it on this blog :) What did you think of the Russian I was speaking? Everyday my vocab is increasing, its crazy. Only little by little but slowely I'm able to talk more and more with my russian investigators. Its exciting.


Today I'll be seding more pictures so you can see what I've been up to :) OH I'VE GOT THE BEST NEWS! I memorized the 1st vision! In english AND russian. Crazy right? It took me a few weeks but I've got it, I am so proud of myself it was not easy. I wish you could hear my say it, it sounds hilarious! Russian is hilarious but sooo cool I love it. I cant wait to comer home and have you hear how I sound speaking it. I also cant wait to actuially be able to speak it haha.


Do you guys have any questions for me? Things here are getting harder everyday, which also makes it get better each day. I'm working on learning how to work. And work hard. I'm trying not to waste a minute and learn as much Russain as I can before I leave. I'm def one of the slowest learners in my district but the good thing about that is that I'm surrounded by way smart people who are willing to help me! Hahah so the joke is on them.


I love all of you and will write you a letter today! Keep the dear elders and letters and packages coming! LOVE YOU! -Love, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment