Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2nd Week Already!

Mom and family!

Thank you for the package! I so appreciated it, it was everything I needed. And everyone was jealous cuz of how cute it was :)

This week was great... soooo much faster than the last week. Its crazy how fast things are going now. My companion is still awesome and we've been having a blast. Russian is coming. Its not super speedy but I see progress. Ha no mom I dont ONLY speak to russian speaking missionaries. My zone is all russian, and my whole floor is where me meet for class, but there are plenty of other missionaries I talk and see everyday. The elders are finally starting to awknoweledge us sisters! When they elders get here at first I think they tried to avoid us cuz they werent sure how to treat/talk to us, but now we're all starting to be friends.... its so much better that way.

Talking about my zone..... my zone leader is soooooo hot. And nice. I think I'm in love. No big deal. Just thought I would let you know .

I love the dear elders you guys send me... keep them up! And packages and letters are great too :) (hint hint).

So teaching lessons and discussions in russian can be hard! But they're slowely improving. Last week I asked our investigator to read the book of mormon and she just laughed in my face. Turns out I asked her to "sneeze" the book of mormon, instead of read it. It was hilarious. Another funny thing that keeps happening is in the bathroom where our classrooom is for somereason there is always a huge puddle of water behind the toilet. Of course, I forget this everytime and dont hold up my skirt whgen I go to the bathroom and end up walking around for an hour with the back of my skirt wet looking like I've peed my pants, or dropped my skirt in the toilet. Its hilarious. I dont forget about that puddle anymore :)

Also today a bird pooped on me! I dont even know how. Somehow crazy things happen to only me! Everyday too.

The food isnt so great anymore. I still like making wraps but lately I've just been sticking to diet coke, bananas, salads, and wraps. oh and cookies too. But really its not that bad at all.

The gym had been closed for P.E. cuz theyre fixing the floor so we've been outside all week. I've jusrt been beach volleyballing it up. Its so fun. Esp playing with all the russain elders. Helps us to learn alot of russian too!

Harry Potter comes out this week! Woooot woot! I expect news all about it. Is anyone going to the premier?

How are the elders in our ward doing? Elder sharp and jolly? Can you get their address for me? Arethey still teaching todd rymer? Could you ask them for me and tell me? Thanks! (spaceba!.... thank you in russian.... but spelled in english)

I speak russian alot, like please, thank you and your welcome.... its weird to say thank you now. And now moer and more words I'm starting to say in russian and not in english. its really cool. Esp cuz I'm only living with russian speaking sisters.

Sometimes learning the language can be tough and frustrating and we'll have a bad lesson, but uaually within an hour or 2 something happens making our day awesome again. Its a continual rollar coaster between feeling great abour russian and hating it. But overall I love it. OTLEECHNA! (thats wonderful in russian :)

Tuesdays are the best days of the week here (besides wed my p-day). Tuesdays we always get 3 hours of personal study time and then at night we have the devotional. Personal study time is my favorite here. The scriptures are awesome! Seriously! Read them. They are filled with exciting happy things, tons of encouragement, and of course its all about Christ. Read them.

The devotional last night was all about the Savior and His life. Afterwards we had a district "review" of it. My district is awesome. 6 elders and 4 sisters. We had a powerful testimony meeting. I KNOW this is where I am supposed to be and I KNOW God and Christ will help me to know what I need to do. I just need always be worthy to have the spirit, and when I have it, to listen to it.


Im happy and well. I love being on a mission and I never have second doubts about being here. I love you all!!! So much! Send everyone my love. Thanks,

Love Sister Tenney

1 comment:

  1. We love getting Tressa's updates! Hilarious and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete