Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I think i want to be a missionary forever

Mom and Family,
What a great week! So FULL and busy and exciting and crisp and cold
and beautiful and full of food and so much russian/rushing ;) hah....
get it? (no pun intended;).


Anyways, life is great. I think I want to be a missionary forever. I
decided my favorite thing about the work. Because I don't talk a ton in
our lessons (I DO talk though, dont think I'm some lame quiet
missionary), but becasue I don't talk a ton, and becasue when I do talk
my Russian is terribly hard for the Russians to undertsnad, when I
talk....... EVERYONE LISTENS! It's so cool. I feel like I'm super
important (hah cuz I am duh). But seriously, when I talk in lessons
everything becomes very still, the Spirit comes, and people really
listen. And I usually bear testimony (becasue thats about all I can
do)and I know it makes a difference in the lesson. This is my role
right now and I'm soooo lucky to have it and I make sure that I take
advantage of it and use this special role as I know God would want me
to.


This last week while we were contacting in a park a nice babushka
(all old ladies=babushkas) stopped and talked to us for a while. At
one time she stopped and stared into my eyes and told me I had
beautiful eyes, that they were pure, and good, and that she knew we
were doing a good work. ISNT THAT COOL? Too bad she couldnt seem to
undersand this "good work" we are doing could help her. It's wonderful
to have experiences like this when contacting becasue most people in
Russia aren't too friendly right away haha. Most people don't even
acknoweledge us as we try to conact them. It's so odd! So every once
in a blue moon when someone simply smiles its exciting and we try to
talk to them and share our wonderful message!


So you know how my 1st lesson I said "I pee" in russian. Hilarious.
Well this week when we met with her again we afterwards helped her
with her English practice. She was trying to talk about the food she
eats and the 1st thing she said was "I pee" HAHAHAHA. She was trying
to say "I like to eat peas" in english, but quite ironically said "I
pee". aftedrward we high fived as we realized we both messed up in
each others languagues as we proudly declared our ability to go to the
bathroom hahahahah. So ironic its amazing.


This week we got to go out of the city on a train!!!! Oh my gosh it's
beautiful out of the city. SOOOO much green and trees with fall leaves
changing, so crisp and chilly (already I know.... I'm gonna die like
next week cuz Its getting cold so fast... pray for me). But it was sooo
fun and we went to a memebers house who has this HUGE garden that her
husband works in all day (he doesnt have a job he literally only works
in his garden). It was so enchanting and full of lush vegeatble
gardens, trees, fruit, flowers, mud, even a huge red mushroom like
straight out of mario cart. SO COOL. Plus he's not amember so one day
we're gonna ge him baptized. Seriously Im so pumped right now I just
wanna get out and work.


I had to play the piano again. Sucked.

So for all you who are reading this blog my commitment to you, I mean,
I want you to commit to do this: call up your ward's missionaries
RIGHT NOW and offer to help. Maybe go help them when they teach a
lesson, offer your home to teach lessons in, tell them about a
friend they can talk to.... the missionaries NEED YOU. No joke. Our
members here are AWESOME and so helpful and to help for them often
means precious time away from family and an hour metro ride to meet
with us. Do your part, ther Lord needs you!
Welp, I'll get off my soap box, thank you for committing. Love you
all. I promise to pray for you if you pray for me :)
loves, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment