Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ether 12:27! Let your weaknesses become your strengths

Mommy! And family!
 
Thank you for all the letters this week. That was my favorite letter I've gotten so far for sure. And it came exactly when i needed it, thank you!
 
Wow this week was a lot longer than the last few. I kinda hit another wall. Friday we met with one of our teachers to talk about the progress of our investigators and I just felt like an IDIOT! We're trying to teach to their needs but I couldn't even figure out what their needs were and I just felt like the worst teacher ever. I've always thought I was a good teacher until I came to the MTC. I dont know what my problem is but teaching hasn't been easy for me. The whole time we were meeting with our teacher I was trying not to cry. Luckily, once class was over it was bed time so we went home and I took a shower and got ready for bed trying not to think about it and not to cry. I've been kinda gunky lately so I went to the bathroom and went to spit my gunk and somehow i ended up spitting on myself! Oh I was SO mad! I just started bawling right there all alone in the bathroom, I guess spitting on myself just did me over. Hhahahahaha so funny to look back on. Anyways, luckily that was the same night I got your letter from all you girls and it was perfect. I still went to bed thinking it couldn't be possible to have a good day the next day, but I did! I woke up, kept on going, and was able to have a really good day and a really good lesson. I just think I really needed some humbling. Thats the interesting thing about a mission. Everyday I learn something new about myself; usually its a new strength or talent, but sometimes its a weakness. Its no fun seeing and learning about the bad things about myself but I know I'm learning my weaknesses so I can try to make them strengths. ETHER 12:27! No one is perfect, but through humility, diligence and hard work we can slowly overcome the faults that easily beset us.
 
Another thing i've learned in the MTC: I STINK AT LISTENING. In all aspects. During lessons I often dont listen to my companion cuz im trying to figure out what I want to say in Russian, I often zone out when ppl talk in russian then have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Just overall I need to learn to listen. And this kinda freaks me out cuz the only thing I can remember from my setting apart lesson is when President Osborne paused (which seeemed like forever) and then told me in a VERY VERY urgent and pleading mannor, to LISTEN. I know he was referring to the Holy Ghost, not necessarily ppl, but if I can't liesten to ppl in front of my face how will I be able to listen to the quite, subtle impressions of the Holy Ghost???
 
And the Holy Ghost is SOOOOOO important. I love it. I hear/feel the Holy Ghost EVERYDAY here. EVERYDAY. And I want everyone to know that you can too. We are entitled to the Holy Ghost as our CONSTANT companion. He wants to help us. Its not always through words or voices or strong feelings. Mostly I just have a very slight impression or thought. Maybe its just a question to ask in a lesson, or the thought to grab something in the morning, idk, but slowly Im realizing how often I've listened to the holy Ghost in my life without even realizing it. I urge everyone to try to notice these times. Learn to recognize the Holy Ghost in your life. The more you recognize it, heed it, and thank Heavenly Father for it, the more He will want to give you! I promise this will bless you. And don't forget my favorite scripture, Moroni 7:33. through Christ we can have the power to do anything!
Now let me get off my preacher box ;) I have some hilarious news. Guess who I ran into last week here who's serving a mission???? PHAYA!!!!! It was so awkward. We both saw eachother and were like "what the heck are you doing on a mission????". And his classroom is in the same building as mine. Its pretty hilarious. He's only here for 3 weeks he's going to the NY NY south mission. Good for him! I never thought he would actually serve one. Oh and I run into elder brown and Elder Hjelmstad all the time. Yesterday Sister Paletta and I street contacted Elder Brown it was Hilar. (street contacting is when you walk around the mtc and pretend to contact ppl and tell them a little bit about the church and you try to set up appointments with them to talk more about the gospel) Me and sister Paletta street contact in our free time its a blast and really helps our Russian.
 
Oh! Since starting the Book Of Mormon last week Sis Paletta and I are in Mosiah! Right on track to finish by the time we leave. Are you reading your scriptures everyday? And not just reading but really trying to understand why what your reading a prophet so long ago felt it was important to record? The book of mormon is sick I'm addicted to it. Sis paletta and I read every chance we get. It's a little nutty ;)
 
EVERYONE: thank you for your prayers and your dear elders and letters and love. I soooo appreciate them . Esp when they are funny (like you, bobo, britt, kira and krista). All I want to do each night is sit on my bed and read the hilarious things you send me. All my roomates aer so jealous cuz they think I know the funniest ppl (cuz I do). As Im sitting on my top bunk each night reading and laughing they always beg me to read the newest updates. You're all the best thank you. WARNING: I leave in less than a month! If you want to send me a package send it soon! (HINT HINT :)
 
Yesterday Sister paletta and I convinced an elder I was russian and didnt know english. it was hilarious! Guess im getting better at russian :)
 
I almost fell off my bed this week. still been donmiating it bball :)
 
I love you! ya loobloo tebya!
Love you, Sister Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment