Thursday, August 11, 2011

;)

Braden, and Fam, and Mom,
 
 
This week flew. I cant believe I've been here for a whole 7 weeks now. I still feel like I just got here. 7 weeks! That means I'm over half way now. AHHHHHHH! Does it seem like I've been gone that long? But here is the BEST news of the entire week. This Saturday was the VERY first time I truly felt like a missionary. Like a real missionary. It was crazy and such a good feeling! Sister Paletta and I had to teach a random lesson we weren't expecting to teach on Saturday. The only thing we quickly prepared was a scripture and then we headed to the lesson. Keep in mind this lesson had to be in russian too. We start talking too the guy and it was fun! And not hard at all! And all of a sudden neither of us were trying, we were just talking and having a great time getting to know this guy and talking to him about the gospel. The lesson we gave came from nowhere but I know it uplifted both of us, as well as our investigator. It was amazing. I've never felt so good about a lesson. Now everytime we teach we strive for calm, uplifting spirit like we had on Saturday. Im slowly getting a little better at this stuff...... with a lot of help from the spirit of course!
 
This week we started teaching the word of wisdom to our investiogators (slova mudrustee in russian). Its fun teaching people who dont understand why drinking or small things like coffee and tea are bad for our bodies. We're so lucky we've always known not to do these things!
 
We have a new district goal that started yesterday. Our goal: speak russian AT ALL TIMES! NO ENGLISH! (theres a few exceptions like on p-days, and at gym, and when talking to ppl who dont know russian), but isn't that crazy! Its SUPER hard, but its already helping me so much. Please contiunue to pray to bless me with the gift of tounges, and also that I can be diligent. That hardest thing about the MTC is that they dont babysit you or make you do anything you dont want to do. All of my learning and growing depends on ME and how hard I want to work. YIKES! So I've been trying to work hard, but man I suck at being diligent. I love this work and I want to be the best servant of the Lord I can be. I need to learn how to work hard!
 
K, you MUST look up these scriptures. Turns out prophets of the New Testament had a sens of humor. Look up Ephesians 2:5, 2 cor 12:2 &3, Ephesians 5:9, and ephesians 6:2. All of these scriptures have winks! in them ;) SOOOOO funny. I've become a master at finding winks and smiley faces throughout the scriptures. Just a random thing I thought you'd like to know.
 
OH! Me and Sister paletta have a new goal. Yesterday we restarted the Book of Mormon and we're going to finish by the time we leave! Im sooo excited. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. Are all of you reading it? REALLY, truly, trying to read and understand it? I promise you, this book is amazing. It is packed with gospel truths and wonderful stories that help us to see why these truths are so necessary. Alma, Nephi, moroni, etc, they are so awesome. PLEASE read this book everyday and ask yourself how you can relate it to your life, and ask why did they write this? How can this help me? I promise as you do soon you will notice a difference in your life and your desires and what you think and do and say. You'll want better things and you will be happier!
I hope everyone is well and happy and remembering to choose the right! If you are I know God will bless you. I love you alll SOOOOOOOO much and miss you tons! Write me! Please! Ya loobloo tebya!
love- Sistra Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment